"Live Freely. Drink Responsibly." Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
The best-selling american whiskey brand in the world, Jack Daniel's is a brand of sour mash Tennessee whiskey named after its founder, Jasper Newton Daniel. Jack Daniel's is a manufacture of Brown-Forman Corporation since 1956.
It is known for its multiple prizes and the legendary Old No. 7, made since 1876. It is produced in Lynchburg, Tennessee by the Jack Daniel Distillery.
Jack Daniel's county is a dry county, despite the major location of the distillery, so the product is not available for consumption at stores or restaurants within the county, although the distillery does sell commemorative bottles of whiskey.
"Jack Daniel never got married. But he raised quite a family."
Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey comes in four major varieties:
- Jack Daniel's Old No. 7, the classic
- Jack Daniel's Single Barrel, the unique
- Gentleman Jack, the classy
- Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey, the sweet
Plus three minor ones:
- Green Label, the light
- Silver Select, the export
- Winter Jack, the fruity.
And the upcoming:
- Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire, the spicy.
- See Cocktails.
- Jack Daniel Distillery on Google Street View
- Jack Daniel's on Wikipedia
- Jack Daniel Distillery's Official Site